New Members’ Day – June 14th
All new members are welcome to our New Members’ Day on Sunday 14th June
If you’re a new member to Burwain & new to sailing, it may be a little daunting on how to get the most from your club; start sailing regularly, develop your skills or purchase your first boat.
That is why On Sunday 14th we are arranging an Open Day focussed on helping new members to get more from their membership and club.
Experienced members will be on hand to help you on all aspects of sailing and club activity
Meet some of our more experienced members and sailors who will be able to help you with:
- rigging boats (single and double handers)
- provide help advice on sailing techniques
- help you sail different styles of boat – single hander or help you either helm or crew with you in a two man boat.
- introduce you to racing (novice races will be held)
- junior races may also be held for younger members.
This day will be a perfect chance to meet other new members just like you and also some of our more experienced members too. The day is designed to help you feel more comfortable joining in with some of the club racing and social events to come, in the rest of the year.
The galley will also be open and will be serving sandwiches etc. You can sail, cruise, race or watch, whatever you are comfortable with in the wind conditions and weather on the day. We would love to see you there. For more information contact Peter Dewhurst on
Meet at the club for 12pm prompt